I usually let Amie do the blogging but I had to share a break through I had this morning at the dentist. Last week our little Landon came home so proud of himself. He had been to the dentist and called me to say he didn't need to get a shot to dull the pain. I was very impressed as was Amie.
This morning it was my turn to get drilled. I mentioned to Dr Gordon about Landon not needing anything for the pain and he said they actually have done studies that show kids don't really know what to expect so they are able to deal with the pain much better than adults. Basically he was saying that I and the rest of us oldies were a bunch of baby moaners and we couldn't take it.
I certainly couldn't let me 4 year old one up me with the dentist so I told the doc I was going ah-natural. So he started drilling and I was surprised at how not so painful it was. 4 medium sized cavities later, the assistant un strapped me from the chair, I got up and wiped the tear streams from my face. Just kidding about that. It really was not painful. I would say uncomfortable at times but the shot would have been more pain than I felt. And now I don't have to deal with drool all over my desk (except when I take my afternoon nap) cause I have complete control of my facial muscles.
So the next time you go to the dentist take my advice; for go the needle and deal with the little pain there is.
And yes I had 4 cavities. Not proud of that but until I find a suitable alternative to sugar I'm stuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very brave, I for one am not going to test the experiment out.
Uncle Homer never gave us shots, it was al natural too, until he got the gas (hee, hee) and I was flying in his chair!
Personally I'll leave the brave stuff to the kids...I require shots, extra shots, lots of shots! And gas too, thank you very much. But good for you...to each his own!
Post a Comment